Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/21/14 at 08:51:46
News:

Our countdowns are approximations and NOT intended to depict the "actual start time" for events.

Please take a minute and fill out our Utah visitors survey.  Click here

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Appreciate what we have (Read 917 times)
Geneo

I love ATVs!

Appreciate what we have
02/14/12 at 09:17:52

My friends and I are making another trip to the Mesquite Nev. area this year and I have been doing research for trails to ride and places to go.  There is much to do there, but as I have read more, I find that much of their best riding has been closed off by a land grabbing federal government and a local government who has no respect for responsible use of the land.  We have so much good trail riding here and I know many good people have sacrificed much to make it possible.  We all need to support their efforts and even help in any way we can.  We tend to ignore when we only lose one or two of our favorite trails each year, but over many years, we have lost many of our best trails.  I for one hope to support "Take back Utah" and our current governor who are standing up to those who would take away our land from those of us who really love it as well as those who need it to make a living.  Thank you to all who have gone before us.  Gene

IP Logged
Don Parscale

I Love Utah!

Re: Appreciate what we have
Reply #1 - 02/14/12 at 12:36:02

Getting rid of our current president would help a ton also. He is not a friend of our sport.
DON~~~

Z TICKET
  IP Logged
OneTrackChan450
Olympian
Sponsoring Member
Big Ride 7

Ride Safe and be
Smart

Reply #2 - 02/14/12 at 13:33:09

Quote from Geneo on 02/14/12 at 09:17:52:
My friends and I are making another trip to the Mesquite Nev. area this year and I have been doing research for trails to ride and places to go.  There is much to do there, but as I have read more, I find that much of their best riding has been closed off by a land grabbing federal government and a local government who has no respect for responsible use of the land.  We have so much good trail riding here and I know many good people have sacrificed much to make it possible.  We all need to support their efforts and even help in any way we can.  We tend to ignore when we only lose one or two of our favorite trails each year, but over many years, we have lost many of our best trails.  I for one hope to support "Take back Utah" and our current governor who are standing up to those who would take away our land from those of us who really love it as well as those who need it to make a living.  Thank you to all who have gone before us.  Gene

Gene,
I never knew there was that much riding in and around that area...the only area I have ridden has been Logandale and parts of Gold Butte if there are more please share.. I am always wanting to ride that area but no one to share a ride with any info is very much appreciated.

Chan

2006 YFZ 450
2001 400ex
2002 400ex
2006 KFX 400
2006 Raptor 50
2005 Honda 450R
cs300823@yahoo.com   IP Logged
Geneo

I love ATVs!

Reply #3 - 02/14/12 at 21:09:55

Google Kokopeli Atv club and there is a ton of information, but before you get too excited, most of the really exciting places have been blocked off to ATVs.  We can expect a 1 to five mile hike to reach them now.  There is still lots of good riding, but the really good stuff has been protected for the elite from back east to view from afar.  Who can explain it?  I just don't want any more to happen here.  Geneo

IP Logged
Trainman

Utah We Love Thee

Reply #4 - 02/15/12 at 20:29:13

So where would you recommend someone who has not been to the Bunkerville area to start a ride. I just moved to St George.  
Thanks
Paul

WWW   IP Logged
Geneo

I love ATVs!

Reply #5 - 02/16/12 at 14:41:11

We are staying in Mesquite and making a couple of rides from there.  One is on the Kokopeli google earth site and look under Kurts ride.  When you zoom in, there is a point that is called Devils fire.  The pictures are exciting and we are going to see them if we can.  The BLM has blocked access to the site and now you have to hike a couple of miles or more to get to see these sites.  Another fun ride we are doing is in the Overton area and those who have been there say it is exceptional.  We are going to do a half day in the elbow canyon too.  It starts on the desert and moves up into the mountains east of Mesquite and winds through a fun oasis and then up on the mountain.  We rode through two foot of snow last year and it was a fun challenge.  We are going to be there on Monday around noon if you want to PM me and you could meet us and ride with us.  Good luck.  Gene

IP Logged
Trainman

Utah We Love Thee

Reply #6 - 02/18/12 at 07:10:23

Thanks for the info and invite, unfortunately I am in SLC this weekend. Daughters birthday.  I can recommend the Logandale trails near the Valley of fire.  That is my most favorite ride in the winter.  It goes near and possibly into the Valley of Fire, so it is pretty fantastic.  
Paul

WWW   IP Logged
Geneo

I love ATVs!

Reply #7 - 02/27/12 at 11:12:37

We completed our trip and had a wonderful time.  I have a bread crumb trail on my GPS but not much understanding how to share it.  There are really outstanding trails there and we filled four days and about 200 miles.  I would recommend the Kokopeli ATV site and then google in on some of their rides.  The Logandale area with it's ridge top rides  and steep hills both up and down was very fun.  We then caught the bowl trail which was also very challenging for those who also enjoy a good ride.  It is not for beginners, or two wheel drive or faint hearted, but I would highly recommend it.  Please PM me for more details if you are interested in a good late winter ride.  Gene

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print