Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
08/28/14 at 21:15:21
News:

Our countdowns are approximations and NOT intended to depict the "actual start time" for events.

Please take a minute and fill out our Utah visitors survey.  Click here

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Arapeen Trail 29 (Read 8766 times)
Ronnie
Aristocrat

I Love Utah!

Arapeen Trail 29
08/11/11 at 17:32:39

I talked to the Forest Service and I also talked to a gentleman that helps with the Arapeen Jamboree. The 29 was tore up really bad this year by slides and the bridge or bridges also were damaged. The 29 has been closed for good and there are no plans to reopen this trail. This was one of my favorites and I have been telling a couple of guys going with us this was a very good trail. I am disappointed this will be closed but we cannot control mother nature.  

I was also told this is the only trail closed at this time.

Ronnie

IP Logged
quadforce
Post Ho
Sponsoring Member
Big Ride 7
PLEAA
Big Ride

I love ATVs!

Re: Arapeen Trail 29
Reply #1 - 08/12/11 at 18:14:21

Not true .  

There is a work day scheduled for Saturday the 27th to reopen the trail . Meet at 12 Mile Campground at 9:am . This project is being sponsored by Castle Country OHV Association . I will be there , lets get as many there as possible . This is a great trail and I can't imagine losing it because we couldn't get enough help together .

Big Ride 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
Yeah , I kinda like to ride .

Public Lands Equal Access Alliance
Dedicated to Responsible Outdoor Recreation and the Preservation and Expansion of Trail Access
  IP Logged
Ronnie
Aristocrat

I Love Utah!

Reply #2 - 08/12/11 at 20:17:14

I am glad this isn't true. I guess the forest service and the gentleman I talked to have some wires crossed. If I didn't live in Texas I would be there. Good luck with the repairs.

Ronnie

IP Logged
Apollo
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

I Love Utah!

Reply #3 - 08/13/11 at 09:14:08

Quote from quadforce on 08/12/11 at 18:14:21:
Not true .

There is a work day scheduled for Saturday the 27th to reopen the trail . Meet at 12 Mile Campground at 9:am . This project is being sponsored by Castle Country OHV Association . I will be there , lets get as many there as possible . This is a great trail and I can't imagine losing it because we couldn't get enough help together .

Thanks for that nugget of information Glenn. I was going to go down on the 20th but I'm going to try and reschedule to help with this service project. Maybe I'll throw a tent in and stay the night, then I can goof off on Sunday. And it's the 12 mile flats campground that's where they are meeting at?

"Houston, we have a problem"

IP Logged
quadforce
Post Ho
Sponsoring Member
Big Ride 7
PLEAA
Big Ride

I love ATVs!

Reply #4 - 08/14/11 at 07:18:37

Yep . 12 Mile Campground at 9:00am .  

It will be great to see you and get some work going on this great trail !

Big Ride 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

Dedicated to Responsible Outdoor Recreation and the Preservation and Expansion of Trail Access
  IP Logged
Greg Brose
Newbies

I Love Utah!

Reply #5 - 08/15/11 at 15:36:47

1 of my favorite trails in Utah..was just looking at some pics of it the other day,and was planning on being on it next month..i've never been down that side trail on 29,the one that has a huge red sign by it,i think it was 274?? i was told that it was rock slide out 5 or 7 years ago..

IP Logged
Apollo
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

I Love Utah!

Reply #6 - 08/18/11 at 14:15:18

I will be camped at the 12 Mile Flat campground. I'll head up Friday afternoon and leave Sunday. I'm just going to throw a tent in, and drag the little tow behind up with the wheeler. So I will see you Saturday (27th) morning!

IP Logged
Ronnie
Aristocrat

I Love Utah!

Reply #7 - 08/29/11 at 20:43:35

Did you guys have enough time to get it open?

Thanks for the work all you guys did. I hate to miss this trail.

Ronnie

IP Logged
Apollo
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

I Love Utah!

Reply #8 - 08/30/11 at 16:30:12

As per the Forest Service people at the service project, trail 29 had not been closed. The "higher up's" had issued an "order" to close the trail due to damage to a bridge and a small section of the trail sustained by severe runoff (and due to people going out and around these areas causing yet more damage). The local Forest Service folks ask for volunteer help from the Castle Country OHV Club (who they were clearly very familiar with, and who had aided in the original construction of many of the bridges on trail 29). With the combined efforts of volunteers and Forest Service personnel, the bridge and trail have been repaired. So, long story short...crisis averted, trail remains open.

IP Logged
Wild Bill
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member
Big Ride 7
PLEAA
Big Ride

Let's Ride

Reply #9 - 08/30/11 at 17:38:50

Very good to hear  Apollo    Smiley

2014 Can-am Outlander 800R Max XT
2013 Dodge 2500 CTD
Big Ride's 6,7,8,9

Ride Wild Utah

Dedicated To The Preservation and Expansion of Public Land Access for Responsible Outdoor Recreation
WWW zuw1   IP Logged
Ronnie
Aristocrat

I Love Utah!

Reply #10 - 08/30/11 at 20:04:25

Thank you Apollo and thanks to everyone keepnig it open.

Ronnie

IP Logged
Dale
Newbies
Sponsoring Member

I Love Utah!

Reply #11 - 08/30/11 at 21:53:57

Absolutely agree.  Thanks alot for your work to keep the trails open.  That is awesome.  

Smiley

IP Logged
Apollo
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

I Love Utah!

Reply #12 - 08/31/11 at 16:54:13

So just a thought...we could plan a trip to enjoy the fruits of my/our labor and ride the 29. And maybe Glenn's "seceret trail" depending on it's proximity. There are enough good trails in the vicinity that we could make a good long day of it.
Maybe the 17th or 24th?

IP Logged
quadforce
Post Ho
Sponsoring Member
Big Ride 7
PLEAA
Big Ride

I love ATVs!

Reply #13 - 08/31/11 at 19:41:48

Thanks for all your hard work , Apollo. By the time we got done with Fridays ride my quad had a broken rear frame section ( yeah the same one I broke last year ) . It made it  right to the end of the day .  

We were all beat and now  I was out a machine . So we came on home . Thanks for getting the work done and carrying through .  

We could figure riding 29 and No Name Trail together on the same ride .  Smiley

Big Ride 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

IP Logged
Apollo
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

I Love Utah!

Reply #14 - 08/31/11 at 22:52:28

I kinda thought they might just be in proximity to one another. My suggestion would be to stage at the bottom of 6 Mile Canyon ride up and into 12 Mile Canyon, hit 29 and the Seceret Trail, then back down 6 Mile and some gnarly 2 track to finish it off.

IP Logged
quadforce
Post Ho
Sponsoring Member
Big Ride 7
PLEAA
Big Ride

I love ATVs!

Reply #15 - 09/01/11 at 07:15:46

If we can ride out of Sterling there is another route that make No Name seem like a walk in the park .  Wink

Need to see if Doug has ridden that one .

Big Ride 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

IP Logged
mcgeed
Post Ho
Big Ride 7

I love ATVs!

Reply #16 - 09/01/11 at 08:38:02

Quote from quadforce on 09/01/11 at 07:15:46:
If we can ride out of Sterling there is another route that make No Name seem like a walk in the park .  Wink

Need to see if Doug has ridden that one .

Send me an e-mail or PM.

I'm still wondering where your no name trail is.  And I'm wondering where this new trail is you're thinking of that makes old "No Name" seem like baby food...

Guess we'd better get a ride in the planning, eh?

How about Sept. 24th?  That's the day after my birthday and I just might get momma to approve me a day off...

Birthday Ride!!!  I like it!

Doug
Doug

--
Life should not be a journey to the grave
with the intention of arriving safely in
an attractive and well preserved body, but
rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used
up, totally worn out, and screaming
"Woo Hoo -- What A Ride!"
--
E-mail: mcgeed2001@gmail.com
WWW   IP Logged
Apollo
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

I Love Utah!

Reply #17 - 09/01/11 at 09:42:41

Yep, I want to stage out of Sterling (6 Mile) and I think the "gnarly 2 track" I mentioned, is the same trail you're talking about. There are actually a couple, one is on the North side of the main road and the other is on the South side. (South is the most wicked)

And the 24th works for me Smiley

Will Wild Bill be healed up and ready to ride by the 24th???

IP Logged
Apollo
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

I Love Utah!

Reply #18 - 09/01/11 at 10:15:51

I actually wanted to hit these 2 trails on the way back from 12 mile. The Northern trail is up the canyon higher and ends back on the main road above the beginning of the Southern trail. This would keep us off the main 6 Mile road on the way back down the canyon. Depending on the location of the "seceret trail" maybe we don't need to go up into 12 mile. We have a lot of options (really good options)

IP Logged
mcgeed
Post Ho
Big Ride 7

I love ATVs!

Reply #19 - 09/01/11 at 11:54:18

So Apollo...

Tell me (and all of us) what your proposed route would be.  I'm curious.

I'm kinda torn.  I'd like to do several routes so which one(s)????

Here's one route I'd suggest (clarifying that I don't know where this "no name" trail is and I don't know where the extra "knarly" trail is either...

Launching from Sterling...

Park just up the road about 1/2 mile from the lake/golf course - on the right is a road taking off to the right with a good sized area to park.

Take the 6-Mile Canyon road up about half way up the canyon.  This would be marked trail 35 on the Arapeen map.

Cut off on trail 38.  Take this trail all the way to Skyline Drive.  Awfully pretty scenery along this route.  A few water crossings mixed in with some off-camber stuff and a few spots to practice your rock riding/rock crawling.

From Skyline Drive, take trail 72 down to Duck Fork Reservoir then trail 71 out to Ferron Reservoir.

Trail 7 back up to Skyline then down to 12-Mile Flat.

Trail 2 (main road) down a few miles.  Take the turn and run across trail 29.  Continue across 29 and exit it onto Skyline Drive.

Here we'll continue south on the main road (trail #1) and hang a right onto trail 2 and ride down this (Beaver Creek Road) to the bottom.  

We'll take trail 27 up and come out behind Town Reservoir (as an alternate that may be more fun would be to take the Pinchot Trail that paralells the main road up to Town Res.).

Ride the main road up a ways past Spring Hill and the beaver ponds.  Cut off on the Loveridge Flat road and take it north and back down into Sterling (this little road/trail offers some fair adventure all on it's own with some pretty STEEP downhill action as you drop down into 6-Mile Canyon).

I could offer a couple of alternate routes that depart from Mayfield as well.

Doug

--
--
WWW   IP Logged
Walkequad
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member
Big Ride 7
Big Ride

I Love Riding!

Reply #20 - 09/01/11 at 12:24:14

I wanna just go ride somemore.  Make sure not to plan this tell I get my atv back.  I would say we leave from sterling and hit mayfield for lunch then head back up on the mountain for some more riding.

2001 Toyota Tundra TRD
2009 Sportsman 850

IP Logged
Apollo
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

I Love Utah!

Reply #21 - 09/01/11 at 12:56:50

Quote from mcgeed on 09/01/11 at 11:54:18:
So Apollo...

Tell me (and all of us) what your proposed route would be.  I'm curious.

I'm kinda torn.  I'd like to do several routes so which one(s)????

Here's one route I'd suggest (clarifying that I don't know where this "no name" trail is and I don't know where the extra "knarly" trail is either...

Launching from Sterling...

Park just up the road about 1/2 mile from the lake/golf course - on the right is a road taking off to the right with a good sized area to park.

Take the 6-Mile Canyon road up about half way up the canyon.  This would be marked trail 35 on the Arapeen map.

Cut off on trail 38.  Take this trail all the way to Skyline Drive.  Awfully pretty scenery along this route.  A few water crossings mixed in with some off-camber stuff and a few spots to practice your rock riding/rock crawling.

From Skyline Drive, take trail 72 down to Duck Fork Reservoir then trail 71 out to Ferron Reservoir.

Trail 7 back up to Skyline then down to 12-Mile Flat.

Trail 2 (main road) down a few miles.  Take the turn and run across trail 29.  Continue across 29 and exit it onto Skyline Drive.

Here we'll continue south on the main road (trail #1) and hang a right onto trail 2 and ride down this (Beaver Creek Road) to the bottom.  

We'll take trail 27 up and come out behind Town Reservoir (as an alternate that may be more fun would be to take the Pinchot Trail that paralells the main road up to Town Res.).

Ride the main road up a ways past Spring Hill and the beaver ponds.  Cut off on the Loveridge Flat road and take it north and back down into Sterling (this little road/trail offers some fair adventure all on it's own with some pretty STEEP downhill action as you drop down into 6-Mile Canyon).

I could offer a couple of alternate routes that depart from Mayfield as well.

Doug

Ok, give me until I get home and can look at a map for trail numbers. I only know most of the trails by name. Then I can lay out my preposed route. And I was not aware that you could get from loveridge flat into 6 Mile. I can't picture where this trail intersects with the 6 Mile side. I will look into this as well. And I think we are better off departing from Sterling simply because there is A Lot less traffic up 6 Mile and the road is much much less maintained (fun) than the 12 Mile road. That's my 2 cents

IP Logged
mcgeed
Post Ho
Big Ride 7

I love ATVs!

Reply #22 - 09/01/11 at 13:08:17

None of my routes in 12-Mile Canyon would do too much road riding - and you're right that there is a lot more traffic than 6-Mile.

I LOVE riding those side-trails around 6-Mile pond that wind in and out thru the trees.

Anxious to hear your route plan.

Doug

--
--
WWW   IP Logged
quadforce
Post Ho
Sponsoring Member
Big Ride 7
PLEAA
Big Ride

I love ATVs!

Reply #23 - 09/01/11 at 18:19:22

Apollo , the south trail out of Sterling is # 137  . I think it is called Forbush Cove ? I think Doug needs to see that one .  Smiley

Big Ride 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

IP Logged
Apollo
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

I Love Utah!

Reply #24 - 09/01/11 at 19:45:15

Quote from quadforce on 09/01/11 at 18:19:22:
Apollo , the south trail out of Sterling is # 137  . I think it is called Forbush Cove ? I think Doug needs to see that one .  Smiley

Well none of my 3 maps show a trail # 137 (not a big surprise). So I called Dad (born and raised in Sterling). Said "Fawbush Cove" was a rough ol' Jeep trail they used back in his day (50 years back or so). He thought that it would be land locked by private property today. Admittedly, he has not been on it in a number of years. But he did say it was fun back then in the Jeep. So I'm assuming this is the trail you're talking about, and it used to put you back on the 12 Mile Canyon road below Town Res. If that's still the case, then we can make a fun 6 Mile to 12 Mile loop. Do you remember if it connected with 12 Mile?

IP Logged
quadforce
Post Ho
Sponsoring Member
Big Ride 7
PLEAA
Big Ride

I love ATVs!

Reply #25 - 09/01/11 at 19:57:28

Yeah , you're dad is right . Fawbush Cove goes right up the mountain. You end up ( after a little running around ) just west of the Pinchot Trail  trail head .  
It looked like an old Jeep trail that has been forgotten.   It would have been a wild ride in an old Willys , it's a pretty good ride on an atv  for sure .  

Don'  forget the Huggies wipes .

Big Ride 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

IP Logged
Apollo
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

I Love Utah!

Reply #26 - 09/01/11 at 20:23:34

Ok, my proposal is (barring the Fawbush Cove Trail and the "Seceret Trail") would be to stage just above Palisade State Park and take #35 up to the FS loop around the 6 Mile ponds, then continue up #35 to #38 (assuming that it's open above #39, when Dad and I were there in early August, there were dozens of trees down across the #38 above the #39) #38 to #1 to #72 to #71 to #7 to #1 to #2 to #29 to #1 to #2 to #27 (I thought I read somewhere here on another post that the Pinchot was closed) #27 to #2 to #35 to #38A (this is where is gets fun for me. it's not on your map but its marked and legal) #38A to #35 to "gnarly 2 track" (again, not on your map but marked and legal) to #35 to the staging area. Whew! We might need to eliminate the #72 thru #7 if it's too long! But I think we need to hit the "gnarly" and 38A.

IP Logged
Apollo
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

I Love Utah!

Reply #27 - 09/01/11 at 23:45:00

Quote from quadforce on 09/01/11 at 19:57:28:
Yeah , you're dad is right . Fawbush Cove goes right up the mountain. You end up ( after a little running around ) just west of the Pinchot Trail  trail head .
It looked like an old Jeep trail that has been forgotten.   It would have been a wild ride in an old Willys , it's a pretty good ride on an atv  for sure .

Don'  forget the Huggies wipes .  

I'm sure it was a wild ride! They did a lot of "brave" stuff in the old Willys MJ.  

If Fawbush ends up in 12 Mile, then this changes everything (for the better)! We can run Fawbush, run Doug's trails in 12 mile, loop around and run my trails in 6 Mile. (and I'll bring plenty of wipes)  

IP Logged
mcgeed
Post Ho
Big Ride 7

I love ATVs!

Reply #28 - 09/02/11 at 10:00:16

Quote from Apollo on 09/01/11 at 20:23:34:
Ok, my proposal is (barring the Fawbush Cove Trail and the "Seceret Trail") would be to stage just above Palisade State Park and take #35 up to the FS loop around the 6 Mile ponds, then continue up #35 to #38 (assuming that it's open above #39, when Dad and I were there in early August, there were dozens of trees down across the #38 above the #39) #38 to #1 to #72 to #71 to #7 to #1 to #2 to #29 to #1 to #2 to #27 (I thought I read somewhere here on another post that the Pinchot was closed) #27 to #2 to #35 to #38A (this is where is gets fun for me. it's not on your map but its marked and legal) #38A to #35 to "gnarly 2 track" (again, not on your map but marked and legal) to #35 to the staging area. Whew! We might need to eliminate the #72 thru #7 if it's too long! But I think we need to hit the "gnarly" and 38A.

Ummm.....

I'm thinking that's just about exactly the route I provided with the exception to the 38A part.  I was gonna take us up to the Loveridge Flat turnoff.  And then I'm thinking my route might just be Glenn's Knarly trail that takes you down into Sterling.

Doug

--
--
WWW   IP Logged
Apollo
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

I Love Utah!

Reply #29 - 09/02/11 at 14:18:38

So let's still stage from the State Park, then Glenn can lead us up thru Fawbush Cove. You can lead us on some trails in 12 Mile, then I can lead down thru 6 Mile?

IP Logged
Apollo
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

I Love Utah!

Reply #30 - 09/02/11 at 14:27:57

Quote from mcgeed on 09/02/11 at 10:00:16:

Ummm.....

I'm thinking that's just about exactly the route I provided with the exception to the 38A part.  I was gonna take us up to the Loveridge Flat turnoff.  And then I'm thinking my route might just be Glenn's Knarly trail that takes you down into Sterling.

Doug

Yeah, I went with a lot of what you had suggested. I added the 38A and "gnarly 2 track". Why deviate from a good plan? You can't go wrong on the Arapeen! I probably would have added #21...but again, why mess with your plan? I know you're passionate about the area.

IP Logged
quadforce
Post Ho
Sponsoring Member
Big Ride 7
PLEAA
Big Ride

I love ATVs!

Reply #31 - 09/02/11 at 15:23:53

We need to take Fawbush coming out of Sterling . If we can work 29 into this thing that would get us close enough for No Name .  

I have been told that I will be going to a football game  in Colorado on the 23rd / 24th .  ( are you kidding me ? football ? )  

Can we try and do the ride another weekend ?

Big Ride 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

IP Logged
Rick W
God Member

Central Utah

Reply #32 - 09/02/11 at 15:49:00

Quote from mcgeed on 09/02/11 at 10:00:16:

Ummm.....

Doug

Yup.

Tread Lightly!
  IP Logged
Apollo
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

I Love Utah!

Reply #33 - 09/02/11 at 16:18:42

Quote from quadforce on 09/02/11 at 15:23:53:
We need to take Fawbush coming out of Sterling . If we can work 29 into this thing that would get us close enough for No Name .

I have been told that I will be going to a football game  in Colorado on the 23rd / 24th .  ( are you kidding me ? football ? )

Can we try and do the ride another weekend ?

October 1st? That would give Wild Bill more time to heal so he can join us.  

IP Logged
Apollo
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

I Love Utah!

Reply #34 - 09/03/11 at 23:50:52

So Glenn...Sept 17th or Oct 1st? What works better for you?

IP Logged
quadforce
Post Ho
Sponsoring Member
Big Ride 7
PLEAA
Big Ride

I love ATVs!

Reply #35 - 09/04/11 at 07:39:17

I talked to Bill .....

Sounds like he is out for the year .  cry cry
      I'm going to miss that little Honda  riding right up my backside !!

I'm good for the 17th . I will be somewhere , might as well be with you guys !

Big Ride 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

IP Logged
Apollo
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

I Love Utah!

Reply #36 - 09/04/11 at 08:11:09

Wow...I sure it sure makes me feel bad to hear that, I was hoping he would make a quick recovery  embarrassed but it's better to take it easy and let everything heal right.

IP Logged
Apollo
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

I Love Utah!

Reply #37 - 09/05/11 at 15:49:44

So...will the 17th work for everyone? Do we want to meet in Utah County or in Nephi, or just at the staging area? What time do we want depart the staging area? Who's going?

IP Logged
Wild Bill
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member
Big Ride 7
PLEAA
Big Ride

Let's Ride

Reply #38 - 09/05/11 at 16:08:14

Quote from Apollo on 09/04/11 at 08:11:09:
Wow...I sure it sure makes me feel bad to hear that, I was hoping he would make a quick recovery  embarrassed but it's better to take it easy and let everything heal right.

Dude no need to feel bad even if i felt better i wouldnt be able to go.
while looking at my quad to see what if anything was bent of broken ( was hoping for just bent handlebars and a brake lever) i found  bent handlebar,bent brake lever, and bent steering stem. And with my current work status  it gonna be a while Sad

2013 Dodge 2500 CTD
Big Ride's 6,7,8,9

Ride Wild Utah

Dedicated To The Preservation and Expansion of Public Land Access for Responsible Outdoor Recreation
WWW zuw1   IP Logged
quadforce
Post Ho
Sponsoring Member
Big Ride 7
PLEAA
Big Ride

I love ATVs!

Reply #39 - 09/05/11 at 16:48:15

Wild William , lets get you fixed up !

Maybe we can find some parts on e-bay and get you put together .  Smiley

Big Ride 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

IP Logged
quadforce
Post Ho
Sponsoring Member
Big Ride 7
PLEAA
Big Ride

I love ATVs!

Reply #40 - 09/06/11 at 17:55:58

So is it going to be just you and me , Apollo ? Or is anyone else going ?

Big Ride 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

IP Logged
BruteForce
Post Ho
Sponsoring Member

Reply #41 - 09/06/11 at 18:27:42

Quote from quadforce on 09/06/11 at 17:55:58:

If I can get my A-Arm bushing in time, I might have interest in going along.

Hello, my name is: Jim

2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 (HO/EPS/Browning Edition)
2008 Kawasaki Brute Force 750i
2001 Honda Rancher 350
2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega/Laramie Resistol
2010 RoadWarrior 395 (43' 5'er)

WWW   IP Logged
Apollo
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

I Love Utah!

Reply #42 - 09/06/11 at 19:04:39

Quote from quadforce on 09/06/11 at 17:55:58:

Doug sure seemed excited to go...but haven't heard much from him since. And Tennis113 seemed interested as well...but again, haven't heard much. But even if it's just you and me, I would still go.

IP Logged
TwinTop
God Member
Sponsoring Member
Big Ride

Do it with a Twin

Reply #43 - 09/06/11 at 20:04:48

That sounds like a great ride and I'd like to go but my daughters have a weekend volleyball tournament so I'll be with them that weekend.  Hope you have a great ride and I'll have to get the track log from you so I can check it out another weekend.
TT

2013 Outlander 800, 2004 Twin Peak 700, 2003 Kodiak 400, 2003 Ozark 250
  IP Logged
Tennis113
Sponsoring Member
Big Ride 7
Big Ride
PLEAA

Reply #44 - 09/06/11 at 20:28:35

I'd love to go, but my daughter is coming in town that weekend and I wouldn't be able to go.  But my riding partner was talking tonight about going down by himself.  

We've been wanting to ride that trail for some time now.

IP Logged
mcgeed
Post Ho
Big Ride 7

I love ATVs!

Reply #45 - 09/07/11 at 06:11:28

Yes, Doug was interested.  And still is.

But we were talking about October 1st then.

I've got family coming in from Indiana on the 14th and I don't think I'll be able to get away on the 17th.  They'll be here for 9 days.

Will have to scope things out and talk with 'the boss'.

Are ya sure you don't want to put it off till the 1st?  I'm in for sure then!

Doug

--
--
WWW   IP Logged
quadforce
Post Ho
Sponsoring Member
Big Ride 7
PLEAA
Big Ride

I love ATVs!

Reply #46 - 09/07/11 at 06:59:37

I was hoping to do a ride on the 17th and the 1st .....

Maybe we should do another ride on the 17th ?  

Or maybe we should bribe the boss into letting Doug go on the 17th ?  

What to do , what to do !

Big Ride 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

IP Logged
Apollo
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

I Love Utah!

Reply #47 - 09/07/11 at 07:26:47

Quote from quadforce on 09/07/11 at 06:59:37:
I was hoping to do a ride on the 17th and the 1st .....

Maybe we should do another ride on the 17th ?

Or maybe we should bribe the boss into letting Doug go on the 17th ?

What to do , what to do !

I can do either date...just let me know. And when does the elk hunt start? I would prefer to avoid the area during the hunt.

IP Logged
Wild Bill
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member
Big Ride 7
PLEAA
Big Ride

Let's Ride

Reply #48 - 09/07/11 at 07:37:19

The Bow hunts & muzzle loader hunts are on now and the elk hunt is first week of oct and deer hunt 3rd sat if i remember right

2013 Dodge 2500 CTD
Big Ride's 6,7,8,9

Ride Wild Utah

WWW zuw1   IP Logged
SARrider
Post Ho
Sponsoring Member
Big Ride 7
PLEAA
Big Ride

I Love Utah!

Reply #49 - 09/07/11 at 08:01:59

Dave and I can make it on Oct 1st.  SARrider

TRV-700 Arctic Cat
Wildcat Trail XT
Utah Co Sheriff Search & Rescue (defying natural selection for 30 years)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print